SEMI PV57 - Test Method for Current-Voltage (I-V) Performance Measurement of Organic Photovoltaic (OPV) and Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC)
This Standard proposes a performance test method for organic photovoltaic (OPV)/dye sensitized solar cell (DSSC) according to its current-voltage (I-V) measurement and device qualification.
The major difference between OPV/DSSC and p-n junction solar cells is photoelectric conversion mechanism, such as:
- The operation principle of OPV/DSSC uses layers of organic molecules subject to lighting after excitation electronic, then passes to the inorganic/organic layer of the wide energy gap nano-layer and voltage.
- OPV/DSSC has a different spectrum and absorption range with p-n junction than solar cell does.
- OPV/DSSC needs more photoelectric conversion response time caused by specific material properties.
Therefore, OPV/DSSC shall need specific basis of reference to differ with standard test condition (STC) [AM 1.5G, 25°C, 1000 W.m–2] used by p-n junction solar cell, and also make corrections for spectral issue and reserves extra time for I-V test due to capacitance effect.
This Standard shall develop a performance test method for OPV/DSSC according to its I-V measurement and device qualification. The objective is to focus on OPV/DSSC I-V performance evaluation either indoors or outdoors, and provide some actions as below.
- Define the specific STC for OPV/DSSC when indoors.
- Provide both statistic method and testing procedures for OPV/DSSC to reduce measurement errors due to capacitive effect.
- Evaluate the relationship between short-circuit current (Isc) and spectral correction factor (MMF).
- Approach specific diffuse lighting application when indoors or outdoors.
Referenced SEMI Standards (purchase separately)
|Interested in purchasing additional SEMI Standards? Consider SEMIViews, an online portal with access to over 1000 Standards.|
Refund Policy: Due to the nature of our products, SEMI has a no refund/no exchange policy. Please make sure that you have reviewed your order prior to finalizing your purchase. All sales are final.