Intro to Semiconductors
In this course, we are going to learn about what the semiconductors are, how they work, and the science behind them.
Participants of the course:
Highschool students and above who want to learn about the basics of semiconductors.
Highschool students, diploma students, bachelor students, master students, doctorate students, and professionals with elementary background in science and knowledge of operating computers.
Department: SEMI University
- Define conductor, insulator, and semiconductor.
- List the two types of semiconductor materials formed with doping.
- Name the current carriers in N and P-type material.
- Explain how current flows in semiconductor material.
In this course, we will look at what conductors, insulators, and semiconductors are.
We will then dive into understanding semiconductors in detail.
We will talk about doping and how doping results into N- and P-type semiconductors.
- Course Overview
Section 1: Science behind Semiconductors
- Atomic Structure of Conductors
- Atomic Structure of Insulators
- More about Semiconductors
- Semiconductor Valence Orbit
- Semiconductors—Crystal Lattice Structure
- Semiconductor as a Conductor
- Can We Dope Differently?
- Types of Semiconductors
- Current Flow in N-Type Semiconductor
- Current Flow in P-Type Semiconductor
This is a self-paced eLearning module and comprises of a mixture of written passages and interactive blocks.
No assessment at the moment