SEMI E76 - Guide for 300 mm Process Equipment Points of Connection to Facility Services
This Standard was technically approved by the Facilities Global Technical Committee. This edition was approved for publication by the global Audits and Reviews Subcommittee on August 22, 2013. Available at www.semiviews.org and www.semi.org in September 2013. Originally published September 1998; previously published February 1999.
NOTICE: This Document replaces SEMI E76-0998 in its entirety.
NOTICE: This Document was reapproved with minor editorial changes.
Factory design variations make it difficult for equipment manufacturers to predict or agree on consistent points of connection for hookup of equipment to facility services. Similarly, device manufacturers cannot easily pre-facilitate their factories for equipment because the connections on the equipment are not consistently located. Standardization of connection locations and utilizing pre-facilitation strategies decreases the cost of and time required for equipment installation.
This Document is a guide for 300 mm equipment manufacturers to define the positioning of the equipment points of connection (EPOC), required on semiconductor processing equipment for hookup to facility utility services. The document identifies locations for the EPOC’s and provides EPOC consistency recommendations that should allow for efficient equipment installation. In addition, this document defines strategies to support the device manufacturer’s ability to pre-facilitate the utility point of connection (UPOC). Recommendations for supplier-provided EPOC documentation are also included.
This Guide addresses three areas that are necessary to improve the efficiency of and reduce the duration of equipment installations.
- Recommendations for EPOC location, grouping, consistency and reduction to increase confidence in the accuracy and repeatability of EPOC’s, and reduce the amount of work required to hookup equipment. As a result, device manufacturers can employ standard pre-facilitation strategies and increase the efficiency of equipment installation.
- Pre-facilitation recommendations that provide the ability for UPOC’s to be efficiently and accurately installed prior to equipment delivery, thus allowing immediate hook-up of the equipment upon arrival in the wafer fab. This includes recommendations for jigs, templates, mating pedestal bases, and associated interface panels.
- Documentation recommendations to be required by the device manufacturer and provided by the equipment supplier relative to EPOC location, group, consistency, pre-facilitation strategies and hardware. This includes additional documentation recommended to support equipment installations but not directly related to EPOC’s.
This Guide applies to 300 mm semiconductor processing equipment and any supplier-provided support equipment for installation into new factories.
The following groups of utilities are covered in this Guide.
- Electrical Power
- Data communications
- Exhaust and other process effluents
- Process fluids (liquids and gases)
- Support equipment interconnects
The primary focus for this Guide is hookup of semiconductor processing equipment including but not limited to the following equipment types.
- Etch equipment (Dry and Wet)
- Film deposition equipment (CVD, PVD and Plating)
- Thermal equipment
- Surface prep and clean
- Photolithography equipment (Stepper and Tracks)
- Chemical Mechanical Polishing equipment
- Ion Implant equipment
- Metrology equipment
Referenced SEMI Standards
SEMI E6 — Guide for Semiconductor Equipment Installation Documentation
SEMI S2 — Environmental, Health, and Safety Guideline for Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
|Interested in purchasing additional SEMI Standards? Consider SEMIViews, an online portal with access to over 1000 Standards.|
Refund Policy: Due to the nature of our products, SEMI has a no refund/no exchange policy. Please make sure that you have reviewed your order prior to finalizing your purchase. All sales are final.