SEMI E85 - Specification for Physical AMHS Stocker to Interbay Transport System Interoperability
NOTICE: This Standard or Safety Guideline has an Inactive Status because the conditions to maintain Current Status have not been met. Inactive Standards or Safety Guidelines are available from SEMI and continue to be valid for use.
This Specification defines the dimensional requirements for the interbay load ports of 300 mm automated material handling systems (AMHS) equipment. It is intended to promote a list of required features and dimensions that define the physical interfaces between different types of interbay equipment, to facilitate the use of different automated transport systems in order to meet the different material handling requirements found throughout the factory. This is done by defining six options of interfaces that both the stocker and interbay transport system must comply with. Options defined are as follows:
· Option A: Active transport loads a carrier to an internal stocker position.
· Option B: Active transport loads a carrier to an external stocker position.
· Option C: Passive transport presents a carrier to an internal stocker position.
· Option D: Passive transport presents a carrier to an external stocker position (kinematic coupling pin pick-up).
· Option E: Passive transport presents a carrier to an external stocker position (conveyor flange pick-up).
· Option F: Passive transport presents a carrier to an external stocker position for pickup with either (a) all 3 kinematic pins, (b) all 3 secondary kinematic pins or (c) top robotic flange. Carrier is oriented with front of carrier perpendicular to load face plane.
This Standard covers physical interface of 300 mm AMHS interbay equipment only. Similar requirements covering 300 mm AMHS intrabay equipment are covered in SEMI E15.1.
Referenced SEMI Standards
SEMI E1.9 — Mechanical Specification for Cassettes Used to Transport and Store 300 mm Wafers
SEMI E15 — Specification for Tool Load Port
SEMI E15.1 — Specification for 300 mm Tool Load Port
SEMI E47.1 — Mechanical Specification for Boxes and Pods Used to Transport and Store 300 mm Wafers
SEMI E57 — Specification for Kinematic Couplings Used to Align and Support 300 mm Wafer Carriers
SEMI E84 — Specification for Enhanced Carrier Handoff Parallel I/O Interface
|Interested in purchasing additional SEMI Standards? Consider SEMIViews, an online portal with access to over 1000 Standards.|