SEMI E133 - Specification for Automated Process Control Systems Interface
This Standard was technically approved by the Information & Control Global Technical Committee. This edition was approved for publication by the global Audits and Reviews Subcommittee on August 17, 2018. Available at www.semiviews.org and www.semi.org in December 2018; originally published March 2004; previously published March 2018.
In order to more efficiently facilitate the integration of process control systems (PCS) such as run-to-run (R2R) control, fault detection (FD), fault classification (FC), fault prediction (FP), statistical process control (SPC), etc. into current and future fabs, there is a need to define interfaces for PCS that enable them to interact effectively and share data (1) among themselves and (2) with the other interdependent factory systems (including equipment data collection). This Standard is intended for use by equipment suppliers, semiconductor manufacturers, equipment subsystem suppliers and control system suppliers who will utilize the PCS standards in future developed products.
This Standard focuses on defining PCS capabilities, functional groups (FGs), and FG interfaces. The Standard is structured so that new FGs can be added to the Standard through future balloting. The components in this Document include:
• Definitions of key terms and concepts pertinent to this domain,
• Description of the specification conventions used,
• Identification of the major FGs within the scope of PCS,
• Description of the capabilities expected in each FG (required and optional), and
• Definition of interfaces for these FGs, including:
• Data that is available across these interfaces. This includes the interface data descriptions (inputs and outputs). Future enhancements to this Specification will include detailed data structures in the form of inheritance and aggregation models that are common to all PCS FGs, as well as specific models for each,
• Services supported and Interface behavior assumed, and
• Description of an approach for compliance verification testing.
The specific format and protocol implementation of these interface specifications, which are technology specific, will be delineated in supporting ‘dot’ specifications to this Standard. As an example a possible format is eXtensible markup language (XML) (which would include data type definitions and metamodel schemas).
In addition to the information embodied in this Standard, the Standard describes a validation process to identify and address real implementation issues as early as possible.
SEMI E133.1-0318 - Specification for XML Messaging for Process Control System (PCS)
Referenced SEMI Standards
SEMI E81 — Provisional Specification for CIM Framework Domain Architecture
SEMI E121 — Guide for Style and Usage of XML for Semiconductor Manufacturing Applications
SEMI E125 — Specification for Equipment Self Description (EqSD)
SEMI E134 — Specification for Data Collection Management
SEMI E148 — Specification for Time Synchronization and Definition of the TS-Clock Object
|Interested in purchasing additional SEMI Standards? Consider SEMIViews, an online portal with access to over 1000 Standards.|