SEMI F5 - Guide for Gaseous Effluent Handling
NOTICE: This Standard or Safety Guideline has an Inactive Status because the conditions to maintain Current Status have not been met. Inactive Standards or Safety Guidelines are available from SEMI and continue to be valid for use.
NOTICE: This document, as balloted, is intended to replace SEMI F5-90 in its entirety.
NOTICE: Paragraphs entitled "NOTE" are not an official part of this guide and are not intended to modify or supersede the official guide. These have been supplied by the Task Force to enhance usage of the guide.
The purpose of this guide is to provide the semiconductor industry with the general knowledge and background information for understanding the principles of exhaust systems.
It includes suggestions for layout and selection as well as application of appropriate methods and equipment for abating emissions.
This guide is intended for use in abatement selection for both gaseous and particulate contaminant materials potentially emitted from semiconductor manufacturing facilities.
Applicability — This guide presents a review and evaluation of available information including:
- Chemical and physical properties of chemical compounds and elements, that are, or may be, released from semiconductor manufacturing operations,
- Some current industry practices for separating exhaust systems for different groups of materials,
- Potential methods for abating emissions of gaseous and particulate contaminants exhausted from semiconductor manufacturing operations at "End-of-Pipe",
- Potential methods for abating emissions of gaseous and particulate contaminants exhausted from semiconductor manufacturing processes at "Point-of-Use" and reasons why they should be used for some processes,
- Standard industry methods of recovery, replacement, and "usage reduction" for minimizing release of materials.
Referenced SEMI Standards
SEMI S2 — Environmental, Health, and Safety Guideline for Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
SEMI S5 — Safety Guideline for Flow Limiting Devices
SEMI S8 — Safety Guidelines Equipment for Ergonomics Engineering of Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
|Interested in purchasing additional SEMI Standards? Consider SEMIViews, an online portal with access to over 1000 Standards.|
Refund Policy: Due to the nature of our products, SEMI has a no refund/no exchange policy. Please make sure that you have reviewed your order prior to finalizing your purchase. All sales are final.